Dr Kevin LePage
Anti-Submarine Warfare Programme Manager
2:50 PM Managing The ASW Challenge: The Advancement Of Subsurface Technologies And The Implications For Maritime ISR
• The latest generation submarine threat – what are the implications for maritime ISR asset design and deployment? i.e. ASW technology, unmanned systems, advanced acoustic processing and artificial intelligence.
• How can we prove the success of ASW assets in this context?
• Challenges in integrating undersea platforms into a broader MDA framework, such as USVs and seabed infrastructure acting as network gateways, and single-use communications buoys
• Advancing unmanned system technology for the maritime domain – asymmetric economy of scale, power and energy, swarming
• How can navies achieve a swarm structure? What operational advantage would this give?
• In developing an unmanned swarm operational concept, what are the implications for manned aerial, surface and subsurface fleets in terms of structural and software design and networking?
• Are NATO and partner nations trained and equipped to operate during a crisis where data dissemination capacity is limited?